Children’s RE Conference
Two of our Year 5 children attended a conference hosted by the Diocese of Blackburn at Ewood Park in Blackburn. This conference brought many school children together from around the diocese to think, learn and pray about the miracle of Christmas.
We considered the idea of Jesus being a new king, a rescuing king and a forever king. The children sequenced some bible stories, thought about the good news that was brought to Mary and Joseph. They learned about Christians living in Bethlehem and the struggle it is for them to live out their faith. The children also wrote some poetry.
The most important thing about Christmas is family….
- There is food and presents,
- Christmas stories too,
- fun, games and getting new shoes,
- giving, recieving and also the snow,
- jokes full of laughter to welcome the spirit,
- mince pies and milk to tell santa to come.
But the most important thing about Christmas is family.